At Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team, we can easily help you find Ancaster homes for sale that meet your criteria and budget. Finding a home on your own can be challenging, especially considering that the Ancaster housing market is constantly changing. For this reason, it’s essential to work with a professional realtor to stay on top of market trends and new listings.
Our real estate team has an extensive database that is continually updated with new homes in Ancaster as they enter the market. This allows us to find potential matches quickly, so you can beat out other home buyers and be the first to make an offer.
Below, find homes for sale in the area as well as key housing market information, such as median home prices and days on site. To learn more about a particular listing or to ask any questions about the home-buying process, feel free to contact our real estate experts.
Thinking about moving to Ancaster, Ontario? Learn more about restaurants, things to do, and daily life in the area by reading our short guide.
Ancaster Homes For Sale | Buying a Home in Ancaster
At Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team, we can easily help you find Ancaster homes for sale that meet your criteria and budget. Finding a home on your own can be challenging, especially considering the Ancaster housing market is constantly changing. For this reason, it’s essential to work with a professional realtor who can help you stay on top of market trends and new listings.
In this guide, our realtors at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team will provide you with all the essential information you need before moving to Ancaster. We’ll cover the housing market, top neighbourhoods, cost of living, job market, and more.
- Ancaster is a historic town in the Greater Hamilton area of Ontario. It has a population of around 41,000 and is a suburban and urban area. Ancaster is known for being one of the oldest towns in Ontario, with many well-preserved historical buildings and homes. The town has a good mix of older homes, new-construction homes, and luxury homes.
- Overall, the housing market in Ancaster is experiencing high demand and expensive home prices. The average sold price of Ancaster homes for sale is around $1.2 million, and the market saw 137 new listings in recent months.
- The best way to find Ancaster homes for sale is to work with an experienced realtor. An agent can help you narrow down your search, schedule showings, access exclusive listings, and get up-to-date housing market information.
- Ancaster has high-quality schools, a growing job market, a low crime rate, a higher cost of living, and a temperate climate.
- Ancaster has a variety of activities and attractions, both in town as well as the nearby city of Hamilton. These include the Dundas Valley Conservation Area, the Ancaster Old Mill, and the Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum.
Should I Live in Ancaster?
Ancaster is a charming historic community in Ontario, Canada. Situated at the western end of the Greater Toronto Area, Ancaster is known for its picturesque landscapes, rich history, and a strong sense of community. It offers residents a blend of suburban tranquility and urban convenience and has a population of around 41,000 residents.
If you’re thinking of living in Ancaster, you should keep in mind that it’s a historic town, known for its well-preserved architecture, including charming homes, churches, and other landmarks. For this reason, many homes tend to be older, though there are some modern developments in the area as well.
On average, home prices tend to be higher compared to other areas around Hamilton, so it’s important to create a budget before moving.
Ancaster also has great schools, easy access to nearby cities like Hamilton, Burlington, and Toronto, and proximity to natural areas. This makes it a great place for anyone to call home, from families with young children to young professionals looking for a good place to commute from.
What’s the Housing Market Like in Ancaster?
The real estate market in Ancaster has been bustling over recent years. The town has an array of beautiful homes, including single-family homes, luxury homes, townhomes, and condos. The available listings range from comfortable two-bedroom condos priced at around $659,900 to luxurious six-bedroom estates listed at $2,995,000.
The average sold price in Ancaster is around $1.2 million. This is an increase of 5.8% from the recent months, but a 16.2% decline compared to the same point last year. Recently, the market has seen 137 new listings. This influx of properties indicates a competitive housing market that offers a range of options for potential home buyers.
If you’re wondering how long it takes for a home to be snatched up by eager buyers, the median days on the market for Ancaster homes for sale is 23 days. This relatively short duration suggests a high demand for homes, with buyers actively searching for homes and making competitive offers.
With an impressive selling-to-listing price ratio of 98%, Ancaster is experiencing a market where homes are being purchased at a high rate.
How Do I Find Ancaster Homes For Sale?
There are several ways to find Ancaster homes for sale. These methods include:
- Browsing Online Real Estate Websites: Utilize popular online real estate platforms like Realtor.ca, HouseSigma, Trulia, or Redfin. Some local real estate agencies or brokerages may also have their own websites with listings specific to the Ancaster area.
- Joining Ancaster Community Groups: Check social media platforms like Facebook for local community groups or real estate listings pages specific to Ancaster. These groups often share homes for sale and related information.
- Reading Newspaper Classifieds or Real Estate Magazines: Some local newspapers may have classified sections featuring homes for sale. Check both print and online editions. You can also look for local real estate magazines that showcase homes for sale in Ancaster and the surrounding areas.
- Driving Around: Drive through the neighbourhoods you’re interested in to look for “For Sale” signs. Some homeowners choose not to list online and rely on signs for marketing.
- Attending Open Houses or Local Real Estate Events: Attend open houses to explore homes and gather information about the local real estate market. Keep an eye out for real estate events or expos happening in or near Ancaster. These events often showcase multiple properties in one location.
No matter what method you choose to use, you’ll need to work with an experienced local realtor. An agent can provide personalized guidance, access to listings through exclusive tools like the MLS, and up-to-date insights into the market. They can also help you schedule showings and get more information about homes that fit your preferences.
Are There Luxury Homes in Ancaster?
Yes, there are luxury homes in Ancaster, Ontario. Most homes in Ancaster range in price from $600,000 to $3.7 million and can range in size from 1,100 square feet to over 4,000 square feet. Luxury homes in the area often feature spacious kitchens with modern appliances, open-concept living areas, and larger outdoor spaces.
What Are the Best neighbourhoods in Ancaster?
Ancaster Heights is a luxury residential neighbourhood with spacious properties, lush greenery, and a tranquil atmosphere. Residents of Ancaster Heights enjoy a close-knit community and proximity to amenities, schools, and parks. This sought-after neighbourhood attracts those seeking a picturesque setting with easy access to outdoor activities. Homes tend to have larger lots, and there are also more historic homes in the community.
Harmony Hall is known for its convenient location, with easy access to all the major highways in Ancaster and Hamilton, including Highways 6 and 403. The neighbourhood’s location provides ease of access to major routes, making commuting easy. Residents appreciate the practicality and accessibility of Harmony Hall, making it a practical choice for those seeking a well-connected community within Ancaster.
Maple Lane Annex
Maple Lane Annex is known for its new construction homes and proximity to the newly-built Bishop Tonnos High School. The community is close to new commercial developments with restaurants and shopping centers. Maple Lane Annex is located in the southern part of Ancaster, and is also close to golf courses and natural areas. This combination of newer construction and green spaces makes Maple Lane Annex an attractive option for those seeking a functional living environment in Ancaster.
Parkview Heights showcases a mix of housing styles, including single-family homes and townhouses. The neighbourhood enjoys proximity to local amenities such as Ancaster Community Centre, James Smith Park, and the Mineral Spring Trails. Residents are also close to the Morgan Firestone Arena, which can be reserved for a variety of sports. These features, along with its high-quality schools, make Parkview Heights a great choice for anyone wanting to live in Ancaster.
What’s the Quality of Life in Ancaster?
Ancaster, Ontario, is served by the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) and the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWCDSB). The HWDSB operates several schools in Ancaster, including public elementary and secondary institutions, while the HWCDSB administers Catholic education in the area.
For higher education, Ancaster residents benefit from proximity to McMaster University, a renowned research institution located in nearby Hamilton. This provides opportunities for further education and cultural enrichment for the community.
Ancaster is part of the Greater Hamilton area, which has experienced a diverse job market. The job market growth rate and unemployment rate in Ancaster are often influenced by trends in the larger Hamilton area. In recent years, Hamilton has seen growth in industries like healthcare, technology, manufacturing, and education.
Notable employers include Hamilton Health Sciences, McMaster University, St. Joseph’s Healthcare, and various manufacturing companies.
Cost of Living
The cost of housing in Ancaster tends to be high. On average, the median home price for Ancaster homes for sale is around $800,000 CAD. Rental costs for apartments or homes can also vary, with average rents ranging from $1,800 to $3,000 CAD per month.
Monthly utility costs for electricity, heating, cooling, water, and garbage services can range from $150 to $300 CAD, depending on usage and the size of the property.
A monthly grocery budget for a single person in Ancaster might average around $200 to $300 CAD, while a family’s budget could be higher.
Health insurance costs and healthcare expenses can vary depending on individual needs and coverage. Canada’s publicly funded healthcare system covers many medical services, but additional health insurance may be recommended.
Crime and Safety
Ancaster has a reputation for being a safe and peaceful community. Ancaster tends to have a lower violent crime rate compared to larger urban centers. Violent crimes like assaults and robberies are relatively uncommon.
Property crime rates, including theft, burglary, and vandalism, are generally lower in Ancaster compared to many other areas.
Ancaster falls under the jurisdiction of the Hamilton Police Service. They are responsible for maintaining law and order in the community and can provide valuable information about local crime trends and safety measures.
Weather and Climate
Ancaster, Ontario, experiences a temperate climate with distinct seasons, characterized by varying temperatures and weather conditions throughout the year.
Summers average high temperatures ranging from 25°C to 30°C (77°F to 86°F). July and August are the warmest months, often accompanied by higher humidity levels. On the other hand, winters are cold and snowy, with temperatures ranging from -5°C to -10°C (23°F to 14°F). December through February are the coldest months, with occasional snowfall.
Precipitation is fairly evenly distributed throughout the year, with rainfall and occasional snowfall contributing to the changing landscape.
Healthcare and Hospitals
Healthcare in Ancaster is well-regarded, with access to quality medical facilities and services. While Ancaster itself doesn’t have a major hospital, it benefits from its proximity to several healthcare facilities in nearby Hamilton. Notable hospitals and urgent care centers include:
- McMaster University Medical Centre
- St. Joseph’s Healthcare
- Ancaster Medical Centre
- Urgent Care Centre – McMaster Children’s Hospital
Healthcare in Canada is primarily publicly funded, meaning essential medical services are covered by the government. Residents have access to doctors, specialists, hospital care, and more without direct costs at the point of care.
However, ancillary services, prescription medications, and certain treatments may require additional coverage through private insurance or out-of-pocket expenses.
What Are the Top Things to Do in Ancaster
Ancaster, Ontario, offers a variety of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some top things to do in Ancaster:
- Dundas Valley Conservation Area: Explore the natural beauty of the Dundas Valley through hiking trails, waterfalls, and serene landscapes. It’s a perfect spot for nature enthusiasts and outdoor adventurers.
- Ancaster Old Mill: Immerse yourself in history by visiting the Ancaster Old Mill. This historic mill-turned-restaurant offers a charming setting, delicious dining, and beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum: Discover local history and culture at this museum, which showcases Ancaster’s heritage through exhibits, events, and engaging programs.
- Tiffany Falls Conservation Area: Witness the picturesque Tiffany Falls, a stunning waterfall surrounded by lush vegetation. The short hike to the falls is accessible and rewarding.
- Ancaster Village Centre: Stroll through the charming streets of Ancaster Village Centre, where you can find boutique shops, cafes, and galleries.
Are There Any Interesting or Unusual Things to Do?
There are several interesting or unusual things to do near Hamilton, Ontario. These include:
- City of Waterfalls: The Niagara Escarpment makes its way from Rochester, New York, through Hamilton and beyond, stretching 625 miles. Once it goes through Hamiton, it leaves behind 130 waterfalls and cascades.
- Adventure Stairs: Heading up the Hamilton Escarpment, you will find 305 stone stairs created by Ulrich (aka Uli). He built these stairs because there was previously no other connection between upper and lower Hamilton.
- Abandoned Skate Park on the Bruce Trail: If you are hiking one of the oldest marked footpaths in Canada (the Bruce Trail), you may eventually run into an unexpected and abandoned skatepark. There was once a housing construction project on the property, but it was abandoned and the locals converted the rest of the foundation into a skatepark. You can’t miss it on the trail.
- Tim Hortons No. 1: Are you a doughnut lover? Then you cannot miss the original Tim Hortons, first opened in 1964. The first floor is still a working restaurant, and the second floor is a museum dedicated to the history of the Tim Hortons franchise.
How Can I Find the Best Homes in Ancaster?
Steve Augustine and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team is the best choice to help you find Ancaster homes for sale. We have an extensive database that is continually updated with new homes in Ancaster as they enter the market. This allows us to find potential matches quickly, so you can beat out other home buyers and be the first to make an offer.
Our team also understands the unique dynamics of the area and is dedicated to ensuring a smooth and successful home-buying or selling experience.
In fact, we go the extra mile beyond other realtors by guaranteeing the successful purchase of a home that fits your preferences and budget. We do this through our unique VIP Buyer Program. By joining the program, you gain access to exclusive benefits like:
- Property hotlists featuring the latest Ancaster homes for sale.
- Free educational resources and tools like our mortgage calculator.
- Buyer guarantees like our Buy it Back Guarantee
To learn more about guarantees and how we can help you find Ancaster homes for sale, call (289) 235-8000.
People Also Ask
What is Ancaster, Ontario, known for?
Ancaster is known for being one of the oldest towns in the province of Ontario, founded around 1793. As a result, Ancaster is known for its historical architecture and cultural landmarks. The town was also once the largest industrial center in all of Canada.
How many people live in Ancaster, Ontario?
Ancaster has a population of 40,557.
Is Ancaster, Ontario, wealthy?
Ancaster is somewhat wealthy compared to other areas around Ontario, but is cheaper compared to large cities like Toronto. One of the highest costs is housing, which can range from half a million to over three million.
How much do you need to make to live in Ancaster, Ontario?
The average salary in Ancaster, Ontario, is a little over $41,000 per year, or $20 an hour. The average cost of living per month in the nearby town of Hamilton is $3,432 per month. Depending on the cost of your housing and utilities, groceries, and other costs, you may be able to live comfortably with the average salary for the area.
Where is the cheapest place to live near Ancaster, Ontario?
The cheapest neighbourhoods to live near Ancaster can be found around Hamilton. These include Binbrook, Central Hamilton, Dundas, McQuesten, and Parkview.