Looking for Smithville homes for sale? Smithville is a town located on the Niagara Peninsula. With its rich agricultural heritage, Smithville offers residents a tranquil lifestyle while being well-connected to larger cities like Hamilton and St. Catharines.
The town features a close-knit community, welcoming local shops, and a variety of recreational opportunities, making it an ideal place to call home for families and individuals alike.
If you want to find the perfect home for the best possible price, you’ll need a realtor like Steve Augustine on your side.
Steve Augustine stands out as the best realtor to guide you through Smithville’s housing landscape. From his extensive local knowledge to his commitment to delivering exceptional service, Steve has the qualities you need for a successful home-buying experience.
Below, you’ll find some key insights into the Smithville housing market, including details on median sale prices and current inventory levels.
Smithville Homes For Sale | Buying a Home in Smithville
Looking to explore available homes for sale in Smithville? Smithville’s rural atmosphere and proximity to urban areas are appealing to many families and individuals.
If you want to beat other buyers to the best homes, work with Steve Augustine and our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team. In this post, we’ll discuss everything you need to know before moving to this small town. We’ll cover the housing market, cost of living, crime rates, and more.
- Smithville is a community within the township of West Lincoln. It’s the largest town in the township and has a population of 5,489 residents.
- In recent months, the average sale price for homes in West Lincoln was $827,185. This is a 6.3% decrease compared to previous months.
- The household income in West Lincoln is 25% higher than the national average and unemployment is 56% lower than in the rest of Canada.
- The cost of living in West Lincoln is five percent lower compared to the national average and 16% lower than the rest of Ontario.
- The cost of healthcare in West Lincoln is 57% lower than in Ontario and 37% lower than the national average.
Should I Live in Smithville?
Smithville is a community within the township of West Lincoln. It’s the largest town in the township and has a population of 5,489 residents. With its annual Smithville Fair, vibrant downtown scene, and proximity to scenic vineyards like Cavespring Cellars, this small town has plenty to offer residents. You can live in a peaceful, rural environment without giving up access to larger urban centers like Hamilton and St. Catharines.
Smithville invites homebuyers to discover the warmth and character that define this hidden gem in the heart of Niagara. It’s a great place to call home, whether you’re captivated by Smithville’s local history and unique small businesses, or want to live near wine country.
What’s the Housing Market Like in Smithville?
In recent months, the average price for homes for sale in Smithville and West Lincoln was $827,185. This is a 6.3% decrease compared to previous months and a 15.5% decrease compared to the same point a year ago.
Inventory and sales have both increased in recent months. The market saw 32 new listings and 14 homes sold. Most homes spend an average of 23 days on the market and have a sale-to-list price ratio of 96%.
How Do I Find Homes For Sale in Smithville?
Finding homes for sale in Smithville involves various strategies. That way, you have access to a wide range of options. Here are some effective ways to discover available homes:
- Auction Websites: Explore real estate auction websites, where you might find properties listed for sale through auctions.
- Real Estate Websites: Utilize popular real estate websites such as Zillow, Realtor.com, and Trulia to browse listings, filter preferences, and explore homes for sale in specific areas.
- Drive Through Neighbourhoods: Explore neighbourhoods of interest by driving through them. Look for “For Sale” signs and take note of contact information or inquire with neighbors about potential listings.
- Newspapers and Magazines: Some sellers still use traditional methods to advertise their homes. Check local newspapers, community bulletins, or real estate magazines for listings.
- Property Auctions: Keep an eye on property auctions, where you might find unique listings and potential bargains.
No matter which methods you use, be sure to work with a local realtor. An experienced realtor will have an in-depth knowledge of the market, provide personalized assistance, and guide you through the entire home-buying process.
Are There Luxury Homes in Smithville?
Yes, there are luxury homes available in Smithville and the wider West Lincoln area. The scenic landscape, proximity to vineyards, and tranquil atmosphere make Smithville an attractive destination for luxury living. If you’re interested in exploring luxury homes in Smithville, work with Steve Augustine and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team to find available properties, including off-market options.
Are There New Construction Homes in Smithville?
Yes, there are new construction homes for sale in Smithville and the West Lincoln area, though developments are limited and can be hard to find. Work with Steve Augustine and our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team to find new homes as they become available on the market. Working with us gives you the best chance to beat out other buyers and be the first to make a competitive offer.
What Are the Best Neighbourhoods in Smithville?
Located on the Niagara Peninsula, Beamsville is a small community located in the town of West Lincoln. Beamsville is known for its picturesque landscapes and agricultural heritage, particularly its role in the wine industry. With a population of approximately 11,000 residents, the town offers a peaceful, close-knit, and rural atmosphere.
Jordan is a community within West Lincoln, Ontario. It’s a rural, small town known for its agriculture and vineyards. Located in the heart of the Niagara Region, this small village offers a unique rural atmosphere and proximity to urban conveniences in nearby towns like Burlington and Hamilton.
Known for its scenic beauty, Lincoln is also located in the wine-producing area of the Niagara Peninsula. With a population of approximately 23,000 residents, the town offers a blend of rural charm and modern amenities. Lincoln is celebrated for its vibrant agricultural landscape, including vineyards, orchards, and farmlands.
With a population of around 4,000 residents, Vineland has a welcoming small-town, rural atmosphere. The community embraces its agricultural roots, with orchards and fruit farms dotting the landscape. In addition to its agricultural prominence, Vineland offers attractions such as local markets, artisan shops, and a walkable waterfront.
What’s the Quality of Life in Smithville?
Smithville falls under the District School Board of Niagara, which oversees public schools in the area. The district has over 43,000 students and 115 schools, which includes 97 elementary schools. Compared to the national average, West Lincoln has 17% higher test scores and a high school graduation rate equal to the rest of Canada. 12.8% of residents in West Lincoln have bachelor’s degrees.
The household income in West Lincoln is 25% higher than the national average and unemployment is 56% lower than in the rest of Canada. The unemployment rate is 2.9%, compared to 4.2% for Ontario and 6.4% for the country. The median household income is $103,228, compared to $87,353 for Ontario and $82,436 for the rest of Canada.
West Lincoln also has 51.1% residents in the workforce, which is lower than Ontario and the country as a whole.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in West Lincoln is five percent lower compared to the national average and 16% lower than the rest of Ontario. The cost of housing is especially low– 37% lower than the national average and 57% lower than the average for Ontario.
Utilities, transportation, and goods and services are slightly higher than in Ontario and the rest of Canada. Grocery costs are equal to averages for Ontario and the rest of the country.
Crime and Safety
West Lincoln has 44% less crime than the rest of Canada. More specifically, it has 42% less violent crime and 45% less property crime. The town also has lower violent and property crime compared to the rest of Ontario. It experiences an overall rate of 2,368 incidents per 100,000 residents, compared to 3,086 incidents for Ontario and 4,223 for Canada.
Weather and Climate
West Lincoln, Ontario, experiences a temperate climate characterized by distinct seasons throughout the year. The climate in the town is influenced by its proximity to Lake Ontario, which can moderate temperatures and create a milder climate compared to more inland areas.
Summer is warm and pleasant in West Lincoln, with average temperatures ranging from 18°C to 26°C. Winter brings colder temperatures and occasional snowfall to the area. Average temperatures range from -6°C in January to 1°C in February. Snow accumulation is common during this season.
Healthcare and Hospitals
The cost of healthcare in West Lincoln is 57% lower than in Ontario and 37% lower than the national average. The nearest hospitals and urgent care centers are:
- West Lincoln Memorial Hospital: As a local healthcare provider, West Lincoln Memorial Hospital serves the community with a range of medical services, including emergency care.
- Hamilton Health Sciences – Grimsby Urgent Care Centre: Located nearby in Grimsby, this urgent care center provides prompt medical attention for non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
- Niagara West Urgent Care Centre: Situated in Niagara Falls, this urgent care facility offers convenient medical services for urgent healthcare needs.
- Niagara Health System – Welland Site: Welland, a neighboring city, is home to the Niagara Health System’s Welland Site, providing comprehensive healthcare services, including emergency care.
What Are the Top Things to Do in Smithville?
Whether you’re interested in history, wine, or simply exploring the vibrant community, Smithville has something to offer for everyone. Here are some top attractions and things to do in the town:
- West Lincoln Historical Society Museum: Immerse yourself in the local history of West Lincoln at this museum, showcasing artifacts and exhibits that tell the story of the region.
- Smithville Fair: Join in the festivities at the annual Smithville Fair, a celebration of community with agricultural displays, live entertainment, and a lively midway.
- Cavespring Cellars: Explore the local wine culture at Cavespring Cellars, a winery offering tastings of their renowned Niagara Peninsula wines.
- Downtown Shops: Stroll through the charming downtown area, lined with unique shops and boutiques. From local crafts to antiques, there’s something for every shopper.
- Waterloo Park: Enjoy the outdoors at Waterloo Park, where you can have a leisurely picnic, take a nature walk, or simply relax in the peaceful surroundings.
How Can I Find the Best Homes in Smithville?
If you’re on the lookout for homes for sale in Smithville, Steve Augustine and our expert team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Elite - The Augustine Team are here to guide you. Buying a home with us is a unique experience because of our VIP Buyer Program.
This program sets us apart from other realtors in the area because we offer special perks that you can’t find from our competitors. This includes curated property hotlists, free educational resources, free home valuations, cash offer on your current house so you can move faster, and buyer guarantees like our Buy it Back Guarantee.
People Also Ask
Which municipality is Smithville, Ontario?
Smithville is located within the West Lincoln Township.
Is Smithville a town or a city?
Smithville is a small town.
What towns are in West Lincoln?
Towns in West Lincoln include Jordan, Smithville, Bismark, Caistorville, Fulton, Grassie, and Wellandport.